Dang, where did 2017 go?
I know we’re just now in the fourth quarter of the year, but with the bat of an eye 2017 will be no more and we’ll all be singing “Auld Lang Syne,” toasting champagne with our friends and making New Year’s resolutions we have no intentions of keeping.
Trust me, it’s news even I don’t want to hear, but…
2018 is right around the corner!!
[bctt tweet=”If you’ve got any chance of winning the year ahead, you’ve got to already be planning for it” username=”iamianthia”]
It’s very true what they say, “the early bird gets the worm,” and in my opinion, the coins too!
I’ve learned a valuable lesson about planning ahead this year. I used to love the thrill of just winging it and figuring out my projects and work as they come. I love adrenaline and I love working under pressure. It feels good, but honestly, it’s so damn stressful and creates too many opportunities for mistakes and missteps.
I soon realised that not having a legit plan in place well ahead of those timelines, caused me to miss minor errors, overlook small details and not have enough time to add my personal touch to the end result.
I’d always look back and see things that could’ve been better or could’ve been done differently, and that kills me!
You don’t want to be having these regrets in 2018.
If it’s getting on a new health regimen, getting a new venture off the ground, joining a club, whatever your goals are for 2018, you have to get cracking on them now!
Your 2018 Starts Now!
There’s just something about the new year that spurs these feelings of prosperity, accomplishment and achievement. Maybe it’s the new start, the new beginning, the feeling of going back to the finish line and increasing your chances of getting it right.
[bctt tweet=”You have to start the new year before it even begins ” username=”iamianthia”]
Sounds weird, but it’s the way the successful people do it.
I love Essence Magazine, and each month I wait to see what new issue they’re bringing out. Before November even rolls around, I’m 99.9% likely to find that month’s edition on bookshelves at the end of October.
If they wait for November to bring out a November issue, it’s already too late.
[bctt tweet=”If you wait for 2018 to begin 2018, it’s already too late ” username=”iamianthia”]
See the VLOG here!
5 Tips To Win The Year Ahead
1. Wrap up all unfinished business – Don’t go into the year with old baggage and luggage you could clear out during this last quarter. Complete all the tasks you’ve started to clear some mental and physical space for new year.
2. Identify your targets – Make a list of people, brands, companies you want to work with in the new year. Get contacts, numbers, email addresses and even send introductory messages to get acquainted.
3. Write it down – Create a draft or rough plan of any projects you want to take on, even if that means doing the most basic thing for it like opening up a new document with the project title.
4. Put your money where your mouth is – Your goals aren’t gonna invest in themselves…that’s for you to do. While it’s great to put your ideas on paper, getting money involved always makes it real. Put down a deposit on the trip, open a new savings account just for that store…the money will drive you.
5. Let it go – Literally…LET IT GO! If it wasn’t done, wasn’t started, was half way through but stalled out…LET IT GO! Begin refreshing your mind and soul from now and purging anything and anyone you refuse to carry into 2018!