HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!
Today I woke up blessed, in good health, surrounded by a loving tribe and family; I woke up fabulous and feeling good and oh so thankful…and I woke up to my husband cooking me breakfast!
Today I celebrate my 33rd birthday!
As I look back on the many accomplishments made this past year, I get a little teary eyed and feel so humbled that the universe has chosen me to walk this path. Every lap around the sun has come with new lessons, new challenges, new victories and new memories. Just as the last lap was amazing, I’m looking forward to this one being extraordinary.
But while I’m looking forward to cake and ice cream and lots of gifts today, I’ll save the tears and sap for another time! I wanted to pop in a quick blog post and share some fun with you!!!!
You’ve read my blogs, watched my videos, been inspired by my newsletter and have been following my journey for years now, but do you really know me? To give you a little deeper look into who I am and how I came to be, I’m here to share…
33 Fun Facts about me on my 33rd Birthday!
1. I’m the oldest of 6!!! There are 3 boys and 3 girls and they all run my life!
2. I’m left handed
3. I absolutely hate math and literally failed every class and test until I got to college, that’s when I stopped being a brat about math and finally decided to do the work!
4. I graduated valedictorian from my high school and salutatorian from the University of Tampa! #beautyandbrains
5. I’m a cry baby. I literally cry for EVERYTHING!
6. I’m the oldest grandchild on my father’s side
7. I could roller skate like a boss! I loved going to the old skating rink every Sunday! But I always fall down on them damn roller blades!
8. I won my school’s district spelling bee competition 2 years in a row, but lost the finals due to a horrible chicken pox outbreak! OMG, that was such a horrible experience! Who puts makeup over Calamine Lotion??? My mommy had me looking like Casper the Ghost!
9. I have a green thumb and love caring for plants; especially succulents!! I love succulents! I cry when any plant or flower I have dies!
10. I have a scar on my left thigh from a centipede bite I got as a child. The scar actually looks like a centipede…scary!
11. I’m a huge boxing fan
12. I was captain of volleyball team in high school. I’m so rusty now, but I’d love to play a good game!
13. I could actually play basketball! Wanna see my dunk?!
14. I’m addicted to hot fries…and snickers.
15. I hate bananas, avocados, tomatoes, pickles any mushy food; but get this, I love banana flavored foods, guacamole and pico de gallo lol!
16. I ALWAYS need a separate plate for my eggs and bacon when eating pancakes. I can’t stand syrup getting on anything but the pancakes…or waffles!
17. The hospital had my birthday listed as December 4 for years!! I found this out a few years ago when I fainted and had to go on drips. So is my birthday today or tomorrow? Did my mommy ever get this sorted out?
18. I’m afraid of cats. I hate cats. I don’t do cats. Can we get rid of cats???
19. I’ve read every single Babysitters Club book…ever!
20. I failed my driving test two times!!!! See, third time’s the charm!
21. I’m not as tough as I appear; according to my daddy
22. I love watching any crime drama or documentary like First 48, Forensic Files, Snapped, For My Man, Fatal Attraction, Locked Up etc.
23. I’m OBSESSED with Andrew Cunanan and his sick story!!!!! I watch any and all documentaries, series, movies, news stories about him! OBSESSED!
24. The majestic elephant is my favorite animal!! I think we have the same ability to remember everything!
25. I used to be a shoe addict. I’ve resorted to buying more plane tickets these days.
26. I love to workout…but hate running. If running is on the program I’m out!
27. I was a nerd in primary school…and junior high school…and senior high school. K, I’m a nerd!
28. I used to get beating for being sooooooo clumsy as a child. I literally dropped, spilled or sat on EVERYTHING!
29. My navel is a super inny lol!
30. I got my tongue and my lip pierced in college. I’ve since removed them.
31. My favorite number is 3…especially on today! Second favorite is 9! I play this secret, silent game where I see objects and group them until they add up to 9…it’s weird…I’m weird!
32. Covering the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil was one of my best assignments as a reporter ever!
33. I hoard bottles of nail polish but still always go my nail tech to get my nails done. I just like being pampered!
I could literally go on and on with facts about me, but let’s stick with my top 33!
Which of these facts surprised or shocked you and which did you already know?